Karen is a senior practising barrister with an extensive, and probably unique, high level experience of the use of forensic science within the UK criminal justice systems, spanning the last 20 years.
She was the National Strategic Policy Adviser to the UK government for Prosecution policy in her specialist areas from 2001 – 2013. She then established her own chambers, providing independent legal services in the use of forensic sciences, technology, expert witnesses, domestic/ gender abuse, commercialisation, procurement processes, regulation and quality assurance mechanisms within the UK and International criminal justice contexts, including:
- Legal advice
- Legal representation
- International Strategy & Policy guidance
- Government infrastructure & Regulatory compliance mechanisms
- Judicial training
- Individual & organisational training
- Conference / plenary / workshop speaker
- Strategic Communications & Media support
In 2015 Karen added International Consultancy in Fragile States to her range of services; specialising in Judicial Governance systems and Empowerment processes.